Ninth grade is a time for you to adjust to being a high school student. Give it your best effort and enjoy yourself a little!
- SCOIR College Planning
- All Freshman at Alverno Create SCOIR accounts in the Fal and begin to learn about this valuable resource used by the College Counseling Department.
- Academic Planning
- Understand which courses are needed for graduation and college admission requirements.
- Create a four-year academic plan and think critically about what you would like to accomplish.
- Attend your Academic Advisory Groups to review transcripts for course selection and check in on your academic success throughout the year.
- Standardized Testing
- Take the PSAT9 in the fall to set a baseline in standardized testing for future exams
- College Planning
- Attend 9th and 10th Grade College Night in early Spring to review PSAT scores and the entire college application process.
- Explore Passions and Interests
- Start thinking about life after high school, including the types of jobs and career pathways that might interest you.
- Explore different extracurricular activities to be a part of (sports, school clubs, music/drama groups, community volunteering, campus ministry, student government).