UPPER SCHOOL MISSION AND VISION STATEMENT
Alverno Heights Academy, Upper School is a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for young women dedicated to preparing them to function in a society as informed, knowledgeable persons, who have the requisite skills to make and implement mature decisions about complex problems in a global society
To empower each young woman to be exactly the person she wants to be.
LOWER SCHOOL MISSION AND VISION STATEMENT
Alverno Heights Academy, Lower School is a Catholic, independent school for girls and boys in grades TK-8 dedicated to preparing our students to function in a society as informed, knowledgeable persons, who have the requisite skills to make and implement mature decisions about complex problems in a global society.
Your Place to Shine!
Mission-driven activities including both schools:
- Wednesday morning prayer services: Led by a Catholic Deacon whose granddaughter attends the Lower School and whose daughters graduated from the Upper School.
- Blessing of the Animals
- Junior Jag Read: Upper School art students judged the Lower School bookmark contest and both upper and lower school families attended the book night at our local bookstore, Vromans.
- Halloween Haunt: Lower School Book-Or-Treat and scary drive through by the Upper School.
- Santa’s Villa: A Christmas light show featuring decorated trees by both Upper and Lower Schools, living Nativity scene, auctions, and drive-through donations for Christmas Drive.
- Adopt-A-Family Drive: Collected donations from both Lower and Upper School families for Christmas gifts for families in need.
- Black History Month: Civil Rights Activist Donzaleigh Abernathy spoke to middle and upper school students during Black History month about her godfather, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and her father, Reverend Abernathy.
- Gala: Hosted parents from both schools for our first virtual Gala.
- Community Time Cabaret: 8th grade girls invited to participate in the Upper School’s virtual performance.
- High School Acceptance Day: Hosted a lunch for both boys and girls in 8th grade to celebrate high school acceptances.
- Convention: Middle School girls were invited to watch the Upper School’s Convention Whistlestop.
- Senior Farewell: The TK and Kindergarten students sang for the Class of 2021.
- Campus Ministry: Supported Lower School with masses, retreats and graduation.
- Summer Conservatory for Boys and Girls, 5th-8th grades: Boys and girls were placed into separate cohorts so that they would have the experience of what single-gender schools are like. Students were taught by upper school faculty and lower school boys and girls attended. It was a huge success.
- Jaguar Jamboree: Upper school students volunteered as Camp Assistants during the Jaguar Jamboree for students in TK-4th grades over the summer
- Teacher’s Aides: This year we have Upper School Girls working in the Lower School as aides for the teachers. We had 65 girls sign up, although only a few (about 20) were able to fit it into their schedule.
- Bake-A-Change: The Lower School actively participated in the Upper School’s tradition of Bake-A-Change, which helps to raise funds for She’s the First and a local non-profit organization.
- Free Dress Days & Alverno Gear Days: Incorporated both Lower and Upper School students into both traditions.
- Hosted additional school-wide celebrations for both schools including an In-N-Out lunch and the Kona Ice Truck